logo

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

14 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline saveface  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 12:48:54 PM(UTC)

I think the "Visit Miss J's Store" header should be changed to better emphasize that an Amazon.com purchase will help support MissJ's forum. Not sure what the revised message should be (suggestions???), but it could link to a page that explains...

a. How to support this forum with your Amazon.com purchase.
Step 1: Simply click any link in MissJ's store to access Amazon.com. It is not necessary to add an item from MissJ's store to your shopping cart.
Step 2: Buy whatever you want at Amazon.com.
Step 3: Pay for your purchase as you normally would. That's it, you've just supported MissJFacialPlasticSurgery. Thank you!

b. Why it's important to support this forum.
- Proceeds from your Amazon.com purchases help fund this forum's operations. Running this place ain't cheap!
- No other forum has a membership base that's as knowledgeable or accountable as this one.
- Unlike other plastic surgery forums, this forum is patient-centered and free from conflict of interest. This means no industry-related advertisements (overt or covert), and no selling out to plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and cosmetics companies.

Your click-thru to Amazon purchase is a great way to support this forum without paying a penny more for what you had already intended to buy!

========

So does anyone else think this is a good idea? If so, what should the new header say? Something that will make us remember to link to Amazon through this forum (instead of going directly to Amazon) would be ideal. Any other suggestions?
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:11:53 PM(UTC)

Wow!. I think what you said is BRILLIANT.
Miss J. Seeing eye companion to the aesthetically blind since 1998.

Offline MissJ  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 1:30:48 PM(UTC)

Thanks again saveface. I just took your text word for word and put it up as a 'sticky' on some of the forums. The stickies are locked but if people want to comment, your original string here is the place to do it.

Offline adas1  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 2:38:40 PM(UTC)

MissJ wrote:
Thanks again saveface. I just took your text word for word and put it up as a 'sticky' on some of the forums. The stickies are locked but if people want to comment, your original string here is the place to do it.

I buy a lot of stuff on amazon. If it really helps you(does it?) to click on your link then buy whatever I could do that.
Offline Shaz  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 3:10:31 PM(UTC)

Woman
Thank you adas for making this post...I also buy a lot on Amazon and will gladly buy thru Miss J! Hey...keep adding things to the list...we will buy to support our forum! Is it OK to suggest more products? Like our favorite Anthelios, etc?

Edit: Oh...just went back to the store and clicked on "General Store"...so ANYTHING I buy from Amazon can be purchased thru Miss J? That would be awesome!! Ummmm....now if you could do a Nordstrom's store.... ;-)
Pay no attention to Caesar. Caesar doesn’t have the slightest idea what’s really going on. Kurt Vonnegut

UserPostedImage
Offline MissJ  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 3:49:54 PM(UTC)

Thanks adas. I think it does. saveface did a 'test' for me and bought stuff from amazon other than what was in my store but got to amazon through linking to it FROM my STORE. Tech Teddy who takes care of the amazon thing for me said that saveface's purchases, even though they were not listed in my store got credited to my site because he linked to amazon through my store site here.

adas1 wrote:

I buy a lot of stuff on amazon. If it really helps you(does it?) to click on your link then buy whatever I could do that.

Offline MissJ  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 3:51:58 PM(UTC)

Yes, Tech Teddy made an addition of "General Store". So, I think anything you get from Amazon can get credited to this site providing you link to it from the General store.

Shaz wrote:
Thank you adas for making this post...I also buy a lot on Amazon and will gladly buy thru Miss J! Hey...keep adding things to the list...we will buy to support our forum! Is it OK to suggest more products? Like our favorite Anthelios, etc?

Edit: Oh...just went back to the store and clicked on "General Store"...so ANYTHING I buy from Amazon can be purchased thru Miss J? That would be awesome!! Ummmm....now if you could do a Nordstrom's store.... ;-)

Offline saveface  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 4:33:00 PM(UTC)

That's right. As long as you arrive at Amazon.com via a missjfacialplasticsurgery link, then anything you buy at Amazon will give MissJ a commission. You do not need to buy anything from MissJ's store to generate a commission for your other (non-MissJ-related) Amazon purchases.

Example: I bought vitamins, a teapot, and coffee filters after linking to amazon.com from MissJ's store. Nothing from MissJ's store was in my shopping cart at the time I linked to amazon. All of the aforementioned items generated a commission for MissJ.

Offline MissJ  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 4:51:43 PM(UTC)

save face,
THANKS so much for doing that experiment where you bought specific stuff not listed in my store, bought through the general store section from the link from my site, listed the stuff you bought so TT could check to see if I got credited for that.

As I said prior, I put up 'stickies' using your text here. Recently I added to them:

"Although this is a locked announcement, you may discuss this topic
HERE"

That links people to THIS thread where they can discuss if they like and also they can see the text is credited to you.

Offline aphrodite  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:16:40 PM(UTC)

Woman
WHere is Miss J 's store on here ? I just bought that book some one suggested would that help support ? I buy a lot of skin care would like to see the store
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:22:44 PM(UTC)

It's right on the top of the board under "MissJFacialPlasticSurgery"

http://missjfacialplasti.../MissJsStoreGeneral.html

aphrodite wrote:
WHere is Miss J 's store on here ? I just bought that book some one suggested would that help support ? I buy a lot of skin care would like to see the store

Offline MissJ  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:39:09 PM(UTC)

saveface,
I just added the link to my signature.

Offline nasa  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 6:01:00 PM(UTC)

Can you put the amazon link somewhere on top of every page? Other thing you could do is integrate google adwords into your site. If you need help me know. I can help you if need to reduce costs for running this board and stuff.
Offline MissJ  
#14 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 6:16:57 PM(UTC)

hi nasa,
I could plug in an announcement which would go on each thread on every 2nd post. Don't think I can put on top of every page as board is 'rigged' to put ads or announcements as the 2nd post in each thread.

I don't want google ads on my site though. That's what I'm wanting to avoid. Is that what you mean by integrating google adwords ?

nasa wrote:
Can you put the amazon link somewhere on top of every page? Other thing you could do is integrate google adwords into your site. If you need help me know. I can help you if need to reduce costs for running this board and stuff.

Offline nasa  
#15 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 6:23:09 PM(UTC)

Hmm not sure why you can't put a amazon store link on the top of every page. By integrating google adwords into your site, suppose someones write vitmain d or anything that can bought, google adwords will put a line under that vitmain d that will link to places they can buy vitamin d.