logo

Help SUPPORT Miss J's Forum by shopping through: Miss J's AMAZON PORTAL

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Kyle_86  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:47:25 PM(UTC)

Man

Interesting subject. If you're talking about the peak, meaning the point of adulthood when one looks the best, I agree that peak is around 23. If you are honest in assessment of yourself or others you'll agree that looks decline around 25 -26 years of age. At 28 I don't look as good as I do in photographs taken when I was in my early 20's.

That is not to say people can't look absolutely great, beautiful past that age, but the peak of one's beauty will have past. That is not what I call ageism, to me it's just a reality that most of us learn to accept. Seems better and more sane to concentrate on looking your best at any given age.

Offline mich  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:56:50 PM(UTC)

fat graft areas that take,dont seem to age.Maybe the stem cells or something
I think scientists are looking in to that. My fat grafted area hasnt aged
at all in over 10 years!

Barbie- do you know any vitamin or food that acts as a natural anti-inflamatory??
Offline barbiegirl  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:32:54 PM(UTC)

Woman
Mich, essential fatty acids and antioxidants are so good to prevent internal and external aging, and keep the skin looking beautiful. EFA's are your omega 3's and omega 6's, so a balanced supplement like Udo's oil is one of the best beauty supplements you can take. The fats are also found in wild cold water fish, flax, hemp, raw organic nuts and seeds, and whole, unprocessed grains. The fats are thermogenic in nature and help keep you slim as well as keeping the skin fantastic. Antioxidants, mainly vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium also work wonders in the body. Flora has a good antioxidant blend containing all of these plus things like pomegranate extract, blueberry extract, and green tea extract.
Cut out inflammatory foods: processed flours, sugar, white rice/potatoes, excessive yeasts, rancid damaged oils, hydrogenated oils/margarines, alcohol, excessive caffeine, too much protein and non organic animal products.
xox
mich wrote:
fat graft areas that take,dont seem to age.Maybe the stem cells or something
I think scientists are looking in to that. My fat grafted area hasnt aged
at all in over 10 years!

Barbie- do you know any vitamin or food that acts as a natural anti-inflamatory??

"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline VDO  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 5:51:15 PM(UTC)

if your italian, you age at 30. hehe.;)
Offline violeta  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:06:26 AM(UTC)

Kyle_86 wrote:

Interesting subject. If you're talking about the peak, meaning the point of adulthood when one looks the best, I agree that peak is around 23. If you are honest in assessment of yourself or others you'll agree that looks decline around 25 -26 years of age. At 28 I don't look as good as I do in photographs taken when I was in my early 20's.

That is not to say people can't look absolutely great, beautiful past that age, but the peak of one's beauty will have past. That is not what I call ageism, to me it's just a reality that most of us learn to accept. Seems better and more sane to concentrate on looking your best at any given age.

Well that depends how you define 'peak of look, or of beauty'. I personally liked how i looked best late 20s, early 30s, since I had more defined facial structure. I had more fat early 20s, but I think my face looked better when I lost some of it, and at late 20s, there is still enough to look soft and supple. I also got hit on ALOT more when I turned 28/29 than I ever did at 23. Not all women may look better, but some do, and really, anyone wouldn't mind looking 28. It's not ancient, and you often can't tell the age difference if you put a 25yr old next to a 28 yr old.

Not everyone blossoms at the same time, and some women actually look more beautiful in their 30s, and I've heard this by men too.
If you are only talking about looking 'youthful', yes, early 20s can be the peak, but not everyone associates beauty with only youth. I see alot of young girls who just look 'young', but not really beautiful, vs. women older who can have alot more beauty, just not as much youth. Men are often attracted to just youthful appeal, but I see the difference between just youth vs. beautiful features.
People with good looks, can look great even past early 20s, and even better IMO. But I'm not looking at just baby-faced youthfulness in how I define the 'best' look.

Edited by user Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:42:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline violeta  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 10:57:17 AM(UTC)

violeta wrote:
Kyle_86 wrote:

Well that depends how you define 'peak of look, or of beauty'. I personally liked how i looked best late 20s, early 30s, since I had more defined facial structure. I had more fat early 20s, but I think my face looked better when I lost some of it, and at late 20s, there is still enough to look soft and supple. I also got hit on ALOT more when I turned 28/29 than I ever did at 23. Not all women may look better, but some do, and really, anyone wouldn't mind looking 28. It's not ancient, and you often can't tell the age difference if you put a 25yr old next to a 28 yr old.

Not everyone blossoms at the same time, and some women actually look more beautiful in their 30s, and I've heard this by men too.
If you are only talking about looking 'youthful', yes, early 20s can be the peak, but not everyone associates beauty with only youth. I see alot of young girls who just look 'young', but not really beautiful, vs. women older who can have alot more beauty, just not as much youth. Men are often attracted to just youthful appeal, but I see the difference between just youth vs. beautiful features.
People with good looks, can look great way past early 20s, and even better IMO. But I'm not looking at just baby-faced youthfulness in how I define the 'best' look.
If we think of it that way, then it's truly depressing that we have such a short life span of when we can look our best.
Offline stache  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:15:27 AM(UTC)

Man
Our peak reproductive years -