logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Larazelle  
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 4:43:39 PM(UTC)

Those Whom The Gods Love .....
Offline Bugjune  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:23:40 PM(UTC)

Woman
Ye gads. I had 6.5 hours of ketamine anesthesia administered to me during my surgery in 2004. Stuff damn near killed me. It's commonly used by vets to put HORSES down. I can't imagine taking that PLUS other *recreational* drugs together.

I think addiction is still not understood by all. There can be an environmental component, but speaking from family history, one's hereditary pre-disposition is a HUGE factor. It's a monster that lurks within - and anyone with those genes has to be always on the alert to the signs. Get help, and ask those who are close to help you out.

=======================================
Wotang wrote:
Sordid final hours of a troubled star: Amy Winehouse had 'bought ecstasy, cocaine and ketamine' on the night before tragic death, now a member of the '27 club'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co....tamine-tragic-death.html
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline Sarah W  
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:00:20 PM(UTC)

Woman
Bugjune wrote:
Ye gads. I had 6.5 hours of ketamine anesthesia administered to me during my surgery in 2004. Stuff damn near killed me. It's commonly used by vets to put HORSES down. I can't imagine taking that PLUS other *recreational* drugs together.

I think addiction is still not understood by all. There can be an environmental component, but speaking from family history, one's hereditary pre-disposition is a HUGE factor. It's a monster that lurks within - and anyone with those genes has to be always on the alert to the signs. Get help, and ask those who are close to help you out.

=======================================

No!! surely not? This cannot be correct
Offline Ryan  
#19 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 2:36:48 AM(UTC)

I know back in the 90's it was the club drug combo that most people were doing. We'd drop Ecstasy, when that started wearing off a little you'd start doing bumps of SpecialK (ketamine in powdered form). Then do a couple bumps of crystal at the end of the night keep you going, or drop another e. This would be starting around 3am and go on til *hopefully* noon, or as long as the dj felt like spinning ( Junior Vasquez was moody, so you never knew what you were going to get). After that we'd always go back to someones place for the after party and start doing lines of cocaine, or k, or drop another e and stay up til sunday night. That was our typical Saturday night, we partied much less during the week (usually), and no one ever did heroin. This was around 94 , and I remember my friend (female) turning around to me on the dance floor and saying"I'm going to be the next River Phoenix, lol! " and we all laughed...

I bet Amy got some "dirty pills", that's usually what the club related od's are. They will mix anything into the ecstasy I hear now. Also GHB led to some od's.
Offline trebor  
#20 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 3:17:25 AM(UTC)

A big shock and a big loss, another great young talent bites the dust

I don't think it's the drugs that really killed her,- she was in a very dark and lonely place and wanted out

Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison died age 27

Amy died age 27

just to add, not wishing to take away from the appalling atrociousness in Norway

i prefer a burglar to the neighbour, one steals your things but the other steals your time
Offline dao  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 10:34:10 AM(UTC)

Ryan wrote:
I know back in the 90's it was the club drug combo that most people were doing. We'd drop Ecstasy, when that started wearing off a little you'd start doing bumps of SpecialK (ketamine in powdered form). Then do a couple bumps of crystal at the end of the night keep you going, or drop another e. This would be starting around 3am and go on til *hopefully* noon, or as long as the dj felt like spinning ( Junior Vasquez was moody, so you never knew what you were going to get). After that we'd always go back to someones place for the after party and start doing lines of cocaine, or k, or drop another e and stay up til sunday night. That was our typical Saturday night, we partied much less during the week (usually), and no one ever did heroin. This was around 94 , and I remember my friend (female) turning around to me on the dance floor and saying"I'm going to be the next River Phoenix, lol! " and we all laughed...

I bet Amy got some "dirty pills", that's usually what the club related od's are. They will mix anything into the ecstasy I hear now. Also GHB led to some od's.

Some people are lucky that they got away with heavy partying. From my experience observing 2 heavy partying friends, one is basically schizophrenic now and had lost all friends and family. The other disappeared a few months ago. I'm not sure if he died or is in jail. So it's really no surprise if someone like that dies. She also was a heavy drinker. That alone could have killed her. Her heart could have be damaged from the abuse and after a big drug binge it could have stopped. For a few years, it looks like they are getting away with it, but eventually it will catch up to them.
Offline pauluk  
#22 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 10:51:28 AM(UTC)

check out this great performance:

http://www.youtube.com/w...h?v=7uPEu0Yg8eo&NR=1

Offline DCNGA  
#23 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 11:19:10 AM(UTC)

Woman
She also had emphysema which weakens the lungs then add CNS suppressing drugs and well, they end up like this poor girl.
Offline Chris K  
#24 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 12:32:31 PM(UTC)

Woman
DCNGA wrote:
She also had emphysema which weakens the lungs then add CNS suppressing drugs and well, they end up like this poor girl.

how does someone her age have emphysema?
Online Robin  
#25 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 12:35:49 PM(UTC)

Chris K wrote:

how does someone her age have emphysema?

from smoking heroin and crack on top of weed and tobacco
Offline Ryan  
#26 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 4:39:46 PM(UTC)

dao wrote:

Some people are lucky that they got away with heavy partying. From my experience observing 2 heavy partying friends, one is basically schizophrenic now and had lost all friends and family. The other disappeared a few months ago. I'm not sure if he died or is in jail. So it's really no surprise if someone like that dies. She also was a heavy drinker. That alone could have killed her. Her heart could have be damaged from the abuse and after a big drug binge it could have stopped. For a few years, it looks like they are getting away with it, but eventually it will catch up to them.

I managed to get out of that scene without TOO much damage ( I think it may have effected my memory somewhat). I always took breaks from it, and didn't do as much e as most people. My core group made it out alive, although one is an alcoholic. I know 4 people that died, 2 from bad e, one from ghb, and another one was undetermined. We never smoked crack or heroin or meth, just did the "designer drugs". Lots of people in that scene turned to smoking meth and became addicts of that. Meth changed the entire club scene including the music towards the later 90's. It got very dark and aggressive, that's when I got out.
Offline Bugjune  
#27 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 5:01:41 PM(UTC)

Woman
Yes m'dear - TRUE! I only found out in 2009 when I got the liposuction done by a different surgeon. I was damned and determined to find out WHAT was given to me back in 2004. So I got the surgery report and voila! Saw it in black and white: hour after hour after hour after hour of ketamine administered. Even the CRNA who monitored my anesthesia for the lipo was horrified. Said no wonder I had such a rough recovery.

I guess the anesthesiologist back in 2004 heard me NEIGH loudly before he put me down. Oh, and I recall him telling me that it was going to be "just like having a pina colada on a cruise!" I thought horses drank Jack Daniels?

==========================
Sarah W wrote:

No!! surely not? This cannot be correct
I bug you.

UserPostedImage
Offline Sarah W  
#28 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 8:41:33 PM(UTC)

Woman
How peculiar. It is used in veterinary use but not often with humans,( it can cause hallucinations in humans, like an LSD trip).It is sometimes used for kids or those with brain damage (Bug, definitely not you!) or for short, superficial procedures.What did you have done under this drug? Did you barf like mad? Your poor dear......:(

And horses do drink Jack Daniels,well mine do
Offline stache  
#29 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 11:22:23 PM(UTC)

Man
That's when you're trying to cuddle up to them!
Offline dao  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 7:33:00 AM(UTC)

Ryan wrote:

I managed to get out of that scene without TOO much damage ( I think it may have effected my memory somewhat). I always took breaks from it, and didn't do as much e as most people. My core group made it out alive, although one is an alcoholic. I know 4 people that died, 2 from bad e, one from ghb, and another one was undetermined. We never smoked crack or heroin or meth, just did the "designer drugs". Lots of people in that scene turned to smoking meth and became addicts of that. Meth changed the entire club scene including the music towards the later 90's. It got very dark and aggressive, that's when I got out.

i think that most people will be ok if they experiment with drugs recreationaly. there is always the random death from bad drugs. the big gamble is that you never know who is going to the person that goes really crazy with it and pushes the limits. i think that that type of person doesn't really have much a chance to recover. it's probably like how a normal person feels the need to drink water when they are thirsty.