logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lucillenyc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2009 5:22:35 PM(UTC)

I have a question - where is Botox supposed to be applied to create a slight eyebrow lift? I had Botox between my eyebrows a week ago and asked for a tad to lift the brow slightly. (I noticed my upper lid doesn't show as much as it used to and wanted to create a brighter-eyed look.)

The injector gave me Botox in the forehead to presumably lift my eyebrows, but now I CAN'T lift my eyebrows at all. My forehead is totally frozen and I hate it!! It almost feels like the eyebrows are being pushed DOWN instead of up.

I was reading that a little extra Botox in an opposing area can balance things out. What would be the best way to correct this and create a lift instead of the feeling the eyebrows are being pushed down?

Suggestions? Thanks
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline MissJ  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:50:47 AM(UTC)

It sounds like your injector placed the botox in the wrong place. I get it to the forehead to PREVENT the brows from being lifted. Not sure of exact spot they place to lift them but it would be a part of the corrugator muscle, the part that helps depress the brows--some corrugator fibers connected to the brow (frontalis) muscle. You might need to wait till the botox wears off and find a BETTER injector.
Offline lucillenyc  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:42:20 AM(UTC)

Yeah, a better injector sounds good! I'm so pissed. I hate not being able to move my forehead. :-(

MissJ wrote:
It sounds like your injector placed the botox in the wrong place. I get it to the forehead to PREVENT the brows from being lifted. Not sure of exact spot they place to lift them but it would be a part of the corrugator muscle, the part that helps depress the brows--some corrugator fibers connected to the brow (frontalis) muscle. You might need to wait till the botox wears off and find a BETTER injector.
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:41:40 AM(UTC)

You are opposite of me. I get it so I DON'T move my forehead at all and raise my brows.
Offline mich  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:52:50 PM(UTC)

I wish someone could post a diagram, because I too want to know where about the spots are to inject for a botox browlift. The last time I got botox was to get rid of a horizontal line in between my eyes just above my nose. He injected it right into the lines I thought that was wierd.Anyway the mild sweliing from the injection site got rid of the line right away.That was an interesting observation,incase I ever do a tiny bit of filler there.Botox just has not been giving me the lift I want.I have only had it 5 or 6 times.
Offline Sue  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 12:27:37 AM(UTC)

Woman
I just had botox yesterday. If I remember, he injected right above both inner brows, right above the middle brow arch area and because the left side of my face is *falling* faster than the right, he injected at the tail end of the eyebrow on that side. Hope that makes sense. I already can see the difference too. Forehead is tighter, eyebrows are up a bit.

UserPostedImage
Offline Dee  
#7 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 5:40:42 AM(UTC)

Woman
I would think they'd need to inject the outter part of the eyelid muscle (orbicularis occuli) to give a brow lift. But if you wanted more of a lateral lift then also adding botox to the inner frontalis (medial forehead lifting muscle) can achieve this.

Diagram and action of facial muscles: http://face-and-emotion....e/expression/muscles.jsp
UserPostedImage
Offline Sue  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 12:32:31 PM(UTC)

Woman
Sue wrote:
I just had botox yesterday. If I remember, he injected right above both inner brows, right above the middle brow arch area and because the left side of my face is *falling* faster than the right, he injected at the tail end of the eyebrow on that side. Hope that makes sense. I already can see the difference too. Forehead is tighter, eyebrows are up a bit.

Just to add, I also had an injection between both eyebrows. I have had a headache all day today too, not sure if it is the botox or my allergies

UserPostedImage
Offline Sarah W  
#9 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 12:46:11 PM(UTC)

Woman
Apparently it can cause a temporary headache(known side effect).Should be OK soon.
I wanted the tail of the brow done too. I had my B/tox last Tuesday but was a bit worried about my eyebrow dropping which happened years ago and I had to tape it up!!
Offline lindahr  
#10 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 2:35:19 PM(UTC)

Views messages in topic : 1,702
How often you guys get botox, every 3-4 month!, it cost me $700 2 months back
will botox affect the eybrows over long period of time like making them lower and lower, lol, I have already lowered these brows any extra lowering will close my eyes, lol
Offline MissJ  
#11 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 3:41:39 PM(UTC)

They say botox can make the muscles weaker and weaker but sometimes you can build anti-bodies to the botox and they can take more botox or more frequently to do the same thing.
Offline Sarah W  
#12 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2009 6:03:49 PM(UTC)

Woman
lindahere wrote:
How often you guys get botox, every 3-4 month!, it cost me $700 2 months back
will botox affect the eybrows over long period of time like making them lower and lower, lol, I have already lowered these brows any extra lowering will close my eyes, lol

Yeah I paid a whole bunch for botox 4 days ago and there was a bit left in the vial and she said 'oh you have a wrinkle on your chin " and jammed some in there. I now have a round apple wrinkled bobble on the end of my chin when I close my lips together- a hideous sight and my derm has gone off on holiday!!Is there any way to get rid of it in a hurry?
Offline lindahr  
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:46:06 AM(UTC)

did she use it on the chin!, wow I have no idea how to get ride of that bobble, will massaging help?

Originally Posted by: Sarah W Yeah I paid a whole bunch for botox 4 days ago and there was a bit left in the vial and she said ' Go to Quoted Post
Offline Sarah W  
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 11:28:00 AM(UTC)

Woman
I have tried exercising it- given myself sore muscles elsewhere on my jaw which is good.Thanks Linda- I will try ANYTHING! I have no idea what she was thinking. My chin was fine-now it looks like I have deformity!!
Offline lindahr  
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 12, 2009 1:52:12 PM(UTC)

Thanks God she did not put the extra botox in your mouth or something and choke you, lol, sorry but I can not believe this, does she realize that botox could be very dangerous if injected in wrong place!

Sarah W wrote:
I have tried exercising it- given myself sore muscles elsewhere on my jaw which is good.Thanks Linda- I will try ANYTHING! I have no idea what she was thinking. My chin was fine-now it looks like I have deformity!!