logo

Please visit Miss J's Store or support Miss J's Forum by shopping here: Amazon.com

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login.
Registrations are CLOSED. Please see this topic for more information.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BeBe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:30:31 AM(UTC)

I've been growing in my eyebrows-thanks to miss j's advice. But I've plucked for years and they are growing in patchy. I read something about using rogaine for overpluck--anyone tried this?
Sponsor
Please HELP support Miss J's Forum by purchasing things from my shop at Amazon.com This is the best PS message board site on the web because it's not over commercialized. However, there are still BILLs to pay, comcast bill just for me to get on here, tech support and other things associated with the site. Sales are not covering those bills. So, please try to help defray my costs by buying something from my store that you would be buying elsewhere anyway.
Offline lillian  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 5:59:58 AM(UTC)

BeBe wrote:
I've been growing in my eyebrows-thanks to miss j's advice. But I've plucked for years and they are growing in patchy. I read something about using rogaine for overpluck--anyone tried this?

I've never tried rogaine but yes too much plucking can make hair grow in patches. I used to pluck mine a lot in the 80s and I have to use an eye brow pencil to out line mine today.
Offline KenCarson  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:21:00 AM(UTC)

Man
Yes, overplucking weakens the follicle if you've been doing it for years.
Maybe Latisse would work? Or an eyebrow hair transplant if you've lost too much.
Just be careful, you don't want to end up looking like Frida Kahlo!
Offline MissJ  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:35:26 AM(UTC)

Cosmetic tattoo can fill in if they don't grow back in.
Offline kk25  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 6:39:45 AM(UTC)

BeBe how long you have been growing them?
for me it took a year+ to get the wolf man eyebrows.
Offline DCNGA  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:03:59 AM(UTC)

Woman
About 2 years ago I went to a local "threading" salon. The threader was over-zealous and took too much (brows closest to bridge of nose). They have NEVER grown back. I think she must have permanently damaged the follicle.
Offline KenCarson  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:18:36 AM(UTC)

Man
Are you sure? It's quite improbable that a single session would cause permanent damage, and it's not even electrolysis.
I've been contouring mine for 10 years and they keep growing back. If only I could be so lucky.
Offline barbiegirl  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:22:38 AM(UTC)

Woman
Anastasia makes a brow regrowth formula that has worked quite well for some people I know. I also swear by their brow grooming kit, I love it.

http://sephora.com/brows...00&categoryId=C10474
"My friends, love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic.
And we’ll change the world"

Wear a yellow ribbon, March is Endometriosis Awareness Month!
Offline DCNGA  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:05:14 AM(UTC)

Woman
Yes, I'm sure. I had plenty of eyebrows prior to the threading, and very sparse in certain areas (too short from bridge inward)immediately afterwards. They never grew back, but a hair or two.

I talked to an esthetician and she said it was possible, but she's not a doc of course. It was too immediate to have been anything else.

I'll give you the address if you are ever in ATL and you can go get yours permanently "groomed" at the same threading salon if you like. Maybe they accidentally discovered a new fix for brow over-growth.

Offline KenCarson  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 8:51:32 AM(UTC)

Man
Haha. Maybe they did. I used to go overboard with mine, but not anymore. I now prefer a fuller look. Plus, I got lazy. I do the minimum for maintenance. My derm wants to laser them, but I'm holding off on that. I'm fine with tweezing for now, and my taste might change in the future.

DCNGA wrote:
Maybe they accidentally discovered a new fix for brow over-growth.
Offline BeBe  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 9:43:40 AM(UTC)

kk25, plucking for 10 years, growing in for 4-5 months. I'm surprised to see any of them growing back after hearing dcnga's story. but I'm part wolf man myself. Anastasia or Latisse sound promising. better than dipping a q-tip in rogain and smearing it around my eyebrow.

kk25 wrote:
BeBe how long you have been growing them?
for me it took a year+ to get the wolf man eyebrows.
Offline BeBe  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2009 9:47:10 AM(UTC)

thanks barbiegirl, Anastasia sounds like what I need:

"Unlike other eyebrow regrowth products on the market that claim to work in a few months, Brow Enhancing Serum is clinically proven to stimulate the hair follicle in as quickly as 4-6 weeks! An easy-to-use applicator allows the non-greasy formula to glide on smooth without tugging or pulling and is gentle enough to be used every day. Brow Enhancing Serum is not harmful to the eyes or the surrounding skin area, plus as an added bonus, it also slows down excess hair loss, which results in a healthier fuller-looking brow."

Offline Bridget  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:48:55 PM(UTC)

BeBe wrote:

they don't always grow back BeBe. Where I have plucked for years, I don't have to pluck at all anymore. I really hardly every do it now, just no hair there. My sister doesn't have this issue, but my other sister way overplucked in the 80s and is now trying to get her brows to grow back. She's using MD Lash Factor, which I was using for some time, and now I'm using Latisse on lashes and put the extra on the brows. Latisse is paraben and fragrance free.
;o) Bridget